Friday, July 1, 2011

Exhaustion into Smartness

I guess right now I have to say that the new B-Mac Mansion is in it's infant stage. I'm thinking after living in my place for nearly a fortnight that it might be time to hang up some of the framed pictures YOU CANNOT DENY THE FIFTH PLACE FINISH AT GREEKFEST FRAMED PHOTO and my old basketball flags (hipster quota taken care of). After a couple days of working it's slowly come to a conclusion that there are certain that I need to do a better job of on a personal level.

I kinda realized after I got home that I really do need to eat a lot more than what I am eating right now. FATTY WANT FOOD. I packed a turkey sandwich, yogurt, pretzels, pineapple fruit cup, and water. But as soon as I came home I realized that the energy was severely lacking. Of course it may have been due to the fact that I got a ride back from a co worker and we got stuck in terrible soul crushing DC traffic which zapped all energy from me and I became a total zombie. Maybe. But I have realized that I have probably lost some weight. I guess a change is that I'm eating a lot more healthier, as the goal that the students will need to see me as a role model for healthy eating (they get healthy snacks) . So I've been buying loads of fruits, some vegetables, and not really any junk food.

And that leads to how I was feeling this afternoon. We drove by a 5 guys and oh how I got a craving for one of those burgers. I started to get the feeling that I f-- it I'm getting some bad for dinner. But after thinking about it, it really didn't make that much sense to do that. Walking to my building I go by a Wendy's, and I didn't even flinch when I went by it. A frosty does sound good one day, but I knew that this wasn't that day. I ended up making some spaghetti which wasn't that bad.

Another thing is that I feel that very slowly my running is coming back into respectable shape. I have a race in two weeks. I'm not sure what I will be able to run, but I'm hoping that I can get back some of my mojo that I've been missing. I've been running well and consistent mileage for the past month. I've been smarter when it comes to stretching, improving flexibility, and taking the steps to reduce injury. One of the steps is that I'm focusing on my gluteus medius, which I found I have a weak right one. It's a lower ab muscle. After runs I do some exercises to strengthen it. Also I have been more focused when doing my core. CORE!! Hopefully this will lead me to running faster.

Another interesting aspect of where I'm working is that I'm one of two gentlemen there. One thing that I'm going to have to take advantage of is making sure I coordinate my colors together in regard to my shirt and pants. THIS DOESN'T MATCH I KNOW NOT WHAT YOU MEAN. I already got some rave reviews of my work shoes that I wore today instead of the boat shoes that I have been wearing. I like these shoes because they provide more support for my feet, and they look a bit more professional. Other than that I really don't have to worry that much about my skirt length, wearing spaghetti straps, or finding a dress for the gala we are attending in August.

I'm not really sure what my plans are for this weekend outside of watching the Tour, the Championships, and watching fireworks. Maybe I will go out with some people that I have meet throughout the week, but that's up in the air. I'm still kinda getting use to where I'm am. So it just depends on what happens.

No comments: