Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 1

Well it happened. I was able to survive. Were there moments of thoughts racing through my head? Were there a couple moments when I had to take a deep breath? Was there a moment where I thought "Woooaahh"? YOU BET. Was there a moment where I felt overwhelmed? No.

As for first days, it is what it is. In a couple days things will be better. In a couple months things will be better. It's about improving everyday, realizing that mistakes are going to happen, and move on. That's kinda what I figured. It's a six hour day, but it's a constant six hours. The psychology and thought process are things that intrigue me. It's one of those things that until you see it happening you can't really define it. But I'm glad that I'm doing it. I have to say that I'm not broken down. I'm still waiting to get back and go again. It's a way to get better and in a way it's a challenge. And I know I don't back down from a challenge. It's also a big puzzle where I'm trying to figure out where all the pieces go.

But with all things I know that things will not always go smoothly, and that I need to remember the positives when I have negative thoughts. I've got one day down, about 179 left. Well let's do this!

One thing that is not relative to this post, but something that I have mentioned once before is the trash that I see on the streets or sidewalks in DC. As I was leaving work and walking to the metro I saw one kid just dump all his napkins on the sidewalk. Then as I was just about to get to the metro I saw this guy just drop his 7-11 cup, when a trash can was 10 feet away! I really don't know what to say. I guess people just dump there trash wherever they want. But as someone that lives in the city I just am dumbfounded when people do this. Just throw away your trash.

Another rant is that of course today has to be in the upper 90s, I ended up walking to the metro where I sweated through my shirt and pants. Of course the escalators weren't working so I had to hike up the mountains to get off the station. Other than that it's been a good day!

No comments: