Monday, July 4, 2011

Life as a Loser

-What are you doing today?

-Oh nothing, I celebrate Bastille Day!

...usually when you tell a joke the one thing that you hope happens is that it lands, because there is nothing worse than having to explain why you thought what you said would be humorous. It's moment's like this where you say to yourself, well at least it keeps you grounded.

Ah yes so that's how my early part of the day went. Working for a couple hours fixing things up and finalizing things tomorrow. Things are starting to get done, and I'm starting to get a bit excited/nervous at the same time. I think being naive is something that I have carried around from time to time, I do realize that what I'm about to do is going to be difficult. Although for the first three weeks I'm not sure that of what exactly I'll be doing. I think it's watching and observing, which isn't that bad. Hopefully I can get things under control. One thing that I have noticed is my public speaking. I can do it find with people who aren't my own age, but when it comes to people my own age I start pulling a Colin Firth and stutter and get all flustered when the situation arises. It's something that kinda bothers me from time to time. Because honestly I have (what I think) the words that I want to say, but they bounce around and I get all confused and they come out in a jumbled mess. But I'm hoping that with practice will make perfect.

After going to Shaw and doing some work for three hours I was pretty exhausted. I'm still not think that I'm getting enough calories into my system. I made some scrambled eggs and a bagel, watched some tv and then took a nap. I woke up around 6:50 and knew that my building was having a communal get together at 7. I made my way up there. As I didn't know anybody at my place I was standing (I would say cooly) against the wall, another resident came up and stood there as well. We ended up talking for a couple minutes, and then all of sudden she left. Well that can't be good. Did I have food smeared across my face? Was there a piece of the salad stuck in my teeth? It didn't appear that way. Well that is another interesting factoid.

Sometimes I think about what I am doing and how awesome it is. Sometimes I think that this is not the easiest way to go about things. The hours are going to be long, the stress will wear on me, but I have to take it one day at a time. I can't look forward to a break, because then it's just hanging on. It's something that is much more than that. I have to have a plan where I can come in with my head held high and be full of confidence. I can't fall back onto old habits. Right now I'm still treading water, and shortly it will be the swim part. Here we go!

No comments: