Thursday, July 7, 2011

Broken Heart, I want it back

This is pretty late. I've been up since 5:15, maybe going to sleep as soon as I get done writing this. Tomorrow is another day of getting work done. Running in the morning is a must since it wont get done at night. Fun times tomorrow night!!!! My comcast internet wasn't working today, I was getting pretty frustrated and was about to punch someone or a hole in the wall, when I decided to restart my modem...and VIOLA it works. Last night as I was going home on the metro I overheard the conversation between two guys. From what I can tell it seems that one of them broke up with their wife/girlfriend. I couldn't tell what was the relationship, but it ended badly and he was joking about it.

Today at work we were listening to different songs and how they displayed what type of emotions or what we thought when we heard them. The second song started to play and I knew from the first chord that I had heard this song before. I couldn't identify it at first, but then I heard the lyrics and knew what band it was. It was The Casualties, the song was Punk Rock Love. I was thinking about that song all day and what feelings I felt. I remember saying something about the summer initially when I first heard the song, but the more I thought about it the more it made sense. When I cut the grass I would listen to my ipod and this song was on it. But it also produced a much deeper memory for me. I think it was sometime in sophomore year of college when I got dumped and was feeling pretty lousy. I use to walk around the streets of Raleigh at night by myself. Why? I don't know. It really never made sense. I would just leave and go for a walk. For some reason this song came into my head when I would walk those lonely nights. The song never resonated with my life, but for some reason it would pop up into my head.

Yeah it's time for bed.

No comments: