Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I'm gonna tell you what I like about Tuesdays

...I think I have previously wrote or maybe I said it to someone (I hope someone) that most days of the week have a certain feel to it. Mondays-UGGGHHH WEEKEND OVER NOT FAIR, Wednesdays-WEEKS HALFWAY OVER, Thursday-TOMORROW IS FRIDAY WEEEEEEEE, Friday-START THE WEEKEND, Saturday-OH BOY!, Sunday-AH MAN THE WEEK IS ABOUT TO START. But Tuesday, well Tuesday doesn't really have a feel, does it? It's like a lump in the week where you really can't say anything bad or good about it. It's the Switzerland of the days of the week. I never know how to feel about it. It kinda gets an eh type feeling. I guess the only good thing is that the next day is Wednesday.

Another day went by, still here. One of the best advices I've gotten so far is to remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Oh how I am keeping that in mind. I feel that I've gotten better at being organized and have all my ducks (or ducklings?) in a line and know what will be going on where and at what time. It's so reassuring to know this and not have to worry about anything. Learning what works and what doesn't work. What is the right thing to do and what needs to be reinforced are just some steps on the journey. I've gotten positive vibes from co-workers and at the same time have been able to receive feedback and learn how to work with this feedback.

I went and ran on the treadmill tonight. It wasn't fun at all. It was hot in DC. A dry heat. No real humidity, just warm. Maybe in the upper 90s. I probably shouldn't have ran because I didn't do a great job of hydrating today. I need to work on that. But as I was running a couple thoughts came into my head (and this was only after 2 days) a) how lucky I am to be working with who I am working with (proper English?) and b) how much I enjoy doing this. It's some sort of joy that honestly I haven't felt in such a long time. It's something where I doubt that I'll get a sense of dread going into work. That's how positive I feel right now. But I have to be grounded and know that I'm going to be tested along the way.

Positive Panda

No comments: