Thursday, July 14, 2011

Karma Kramer?

...it was such a nice day today. I could feel it when I was out running on the track this morning. I want to say it was in the low 70s, but there was a nice gentle breeze that made it feel 10 degrees cooler. It was such a nice day! I ended up doing a track workout, a workout similar to one that I did before the Bulldog 5k, where I was able to get my PR in the 5k. Looking at the two workouts I was in a bit better shape than what I did today, but I'll take today seeing that I started at 5:30 in the morning. It wasn't that off from the times that I did in April when I felt that I was in tip top shape. I'm not really sure what I'll run on Saturday night. It's reassuring that there wont be any pressure on me, seeing that I want to finish in the top 30. I kinda have figured that there will be some studs running and that it wont make much sense to run the first mile in the low 5s. I figure a mile time around 5:20 sounds about right.

Surprisingly I'm not really having any anxiety about this race at all. Combine being busy with work and what goes on there, and this race is just an escape for me personally. Now I need to find a race for August. What to do? I go to Nashville in the first week and then I have 10 days off until there is more PD, then we the regular schedule on the 25th. Hmmm I have been looking for races up here that fit in that time frame. If not then I'll just train through the weeks.

Today I ran outside at 6:30. It really was a nice day later on. I ended up smelling all the good smells of someone barbecuing. The smells of that and running on U street changed my mind when it came to dinner. I was going to cook some pasta, but after smelling the food I made up my mind that I wanted a burger. So after I got done running I walked to a place that was nearby that had burgers. I must have missed it on the other side of the street because I passed it and ended up in Columbia Heights. Luckily I found a 5 guys and the fixed me.

As I was eating my food a homeless women approach me, out of all the people in the restaurant, and asked me to give her anything. I asked her what she wanted and she said a burger. I was a bit hesitant to buy a burger seeing that they were 5 dollars and that the line was 6 people deep. I decided to give her the rest of my fries. I was a bit sad to give her my food, because I was really hungry. I finished my food and walked back to my place. For some reason I felt a bit hard on myself for being such a d-- for not sucking it up and just buying her a burger. I don't know why it bothered me, but I could have just done it. I thought maybe I did a good deed and gave her the rest of my fries, but my stomach indicated it otherwise. I realized that eating 5 guys after refraining it for so long is bad news (and maybe drinking soda after a long lay off is bad news as well). I ended up getting the dreaded stomach ache. I guess that's karma for me.

No comments: