Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Like the angel...

Sometimes I need to stop and just think. That's probably what's kept me sane. Also I believe there are other things that have kept me from freaking out. I keep hear about people crying one day after work. I think if I was doing this a couple years ago that would probably be the case, but now I know certain things. One thing that has really got me very interested is the psychology of the way I am seeing them interact and how they handle different things. It's quite interesting to witness this first hand. At the same time it's very serious work knowing that I'm one of the first who get to work with them first. I have to keep a positive attitude but at the same time I have to be consistent and firm. It's a line that I want to hit by the end of the year. I still have that good feeling whenever I leave work, and I always hope that it continues. I can't really put it into articulate words how awesome it is to walk to work in between 6th and 7th street and see the Jefferson Memorial a couple miles down the way. The street is flat and you can see straight ahead. It's the little things like that that make me want to say for years to come and give me a smile before I get to work. Maybe it's seeing how the students grow and seeing them work on something, it's how they interact with others, and how they turning into a great group (no matter what they do). I guess one advantage I have (other than being as old as Kent) is that I know where I have been and never want to go back and wash dishes at The Fillmore, when things got tough, ever again. I may not run as fast as I will every be able to, but I feel that honestly there are more important things than running. It's still a part of me, but there is already so much more than putting one foot ahead of the other (relatively) fast. Maybe that's me. If you have a different view on this that's fine. I have a training schedule, I have goals, but it's not something that I model to T.

I'm trying to think if there is anything more exciting to talk about. Other than leading the read aloud, where I have thrown down a rather weird voice and a British accent, things are going smooth. Tomorrow I lead the beginning of the class for 15 minutes. I'm comparing it to stand up, and hopefully it goes better than when I actually did stand up. I probably will not sweat as much as I did that one time. I probably will make some mistakes, but I'm thinking that I'm get the main messages across. My one goal is to not run out of time. That would be somewhat embarrassing. I think also tomorrow night I will go out with some work colleagues and eat at some noodle place. Then for the weekend I'm not really sure. My birthday is Sunday, but honestly I think the weekend will be mild seeing that my circle of friends is quite low up in DC. Oh well I can't stay up past 11pm on a weekend, gotta be able to get my long run in!

No comments: