Thursday, July 28, 2011

Upbeat

Well it's another day down and one more day of summer school left. I really feel bad that it's almost over, kinda wishing that it wouldn't end. They wont come back to school for almost a month. I think one thing that I have done well is build up a positive relationship with the students. Usually there are twenty four students in the classroom, but it really doesn't feel like there's that many. Although there are moments when a big rush comes in, for the most part I think it's not so bad. Especially when you consider that there is another teacher in the classroom.

Today I lead my second morning meeting and it went a lot better than the first one (my opinion). I was able to engage the students better and made sure that they didn't get bored, because that's the one thing that I have to avoid. When I had the game at the end of the meeting that's when I realized that the game I used was a mistake and soon lost most of the student's engagement. Although my lead was out of the classroom at this moment, I didn't notice it and was flying solo. Other than that I feel that I am developing a stronger voice to communicate myself to the students, and I feel that I am taking the responsibilities that I know how. I feel that from my previous situations that I know where I have been and that I don't want to go back. So I feel that I have that going for me and I feel that I can only get better. I'm excited to see what will happen once the fall starts, but remain confident that things will work out very well for me.

No comments: