Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Feeling good again

So I've been thinking a bunch on the heat and what that has done to my energy level. It got really bad on Thursday and lasted until Sunday. I've been thinking that through those four days that it completely wiped me out physically. (It probably didn't help that I was emptying my system all Sunday night) That physical fatigue really lasted throughout the beginning of this week. Every morning when I wake up I feel as if I barely got any sleep, and my runs have been a struggle to even get started. It probably doesn't help that I'm up for twenty minutes and then start my run in pitch black.

But those are really mere excuses. I can probably do some things smarter, I can make sure that I hydrate well. I can also make sure that I cut down on my mileage when the temperatures are that high. Monday when I was feeling awful, I didn't eat a lunch and crashed big time in the afternoon. I think that I am slowly recovering to get that feeling back where I'm better. I'm hoping that's the case.

Work is actually pretty good. I'm not that fatigued at all. After work is when I start to get a little low in the energy level, but I feel that I am a high energy individual during the day. One thing that I try to do is smile all the time and bring a lot of positive energy. Of course I'm still learning a lot about myself and about others. It truly is something that is really amazing to be apart of, and at the same time something that is challenging but in a good way. I feel that this is something I want to do for some time. I like the environment that I am in, and I like the respect level that I feel the building fosters. I try to bring a lot of positive energy and some humor in the building. To all of my Charlotte friends this may come as a surprise but most people here view me as the conservative dressed individual who is pretty strait laced. It was at the campus bbq where it was mentioned that this was the most casual dressed they had seen me. Well I guess at the summit things will change!

At the beginning of August I'll be in Nashville for a sponsored summit, that looks to be very informative and a lot of fun. I'm hoping to meet a lot of people, listen to the different ideas that are presented to me, and learn a lot. Of course their might be some fun, but I really want this to be an opportunity for me to learn and grow.

Other than that I have two more days of school. Then nearly ten days of vacation, which I will take a bit in Charlotte. My connecting flight from Nashville lands in Charlotte and I was thinking why not just stay in Charlotte instead of going to BWI. So that's what I'll do for a couple days and then head on back to Charlotte. It will be my last times in Charlotte before November, so I'll just look to relax and have fun.

No comments: