Thursday, July 21, 2011

Toki Underground

After work today I went over with some colleagues to a ramen noodles restaurant called Toki Underground. I would call this step 1 where I could channel my inner Anthony Bourdain. It was a small place with maybe 20 chairs. We ended up getting some dumplings for an appetizer and then I ordered the chicken noodle. Did I look clumsy with chopsticks? Perhaps. Did I eat/slurp my noodles? Maybe. Did I down the broth? Oh you bet! I've always been a picky eater but now I'm trying new things and thought why not try this out. It sounded good and it was a good opportunity to talk to those who were going through similar experiences that I was going through.

One mistake that I made that was not at work was my attire. I wore my corduroy pants. The mistake was that this was one of the hottest days in DC. I think the heat advisory was well over 100. I was sweating after leaving dinner and walking home from the metro station. But overall it wasn't that bad because I wasn't the only one suffering.

When it came to running I tried to do a workout this morning. When I walked outside it was immediately hit me how bad the weather was. It was warm and humid. It felt nasty. It didn't help that I tried to do a workout. Mile repeats. I had a lot of anxiety for work today and I could never really get comfortable running. I did one stride and couldn't calm myself down. I ended up walking back to the start line and went into my workout. I hit the first mile in 5:25, after a 400 recovery of 2 and change, I started the next mile. I hit the 400 in 82, but mentally I just had to much on my mind. I was extremely disappointed with myself for this. I really need to relax and not worry about things so much. I really don't know why I do it so much, but I do. I am more ashamed that I gave up so easily. But there's another day and another time to grind to shine!

No comments: