Monday, August 8, 2011

Sharon Lakes Memories

Oh today wasn't so bad. I feel a little bit better, but that's not that reassuring. I still have some congestion in my chest. I have to sleep on my right side to keep the pressure off my chest. At times I have a wicked cough that produces mucus that looks like carmel. Other than that I feel great!

Today was great day of not doing anything that productive. I ran at McMullen for the first time in six weeks. One thing I noticed, other than the damage that the storms had done to it, was how high some of the vegetation was near the Johnston Road exit. I strangely felt like Will Smith in I am legend, but there weren't any vampires. One negative of being sick and running in this humidity is how much I sweat when I am running. I am completely drenched when I go out for a run. At the turn around point I was able to run into some fellow CRC-ers and ran an easy comfy pace back.

Later in the day I made my way back to Sharon Lakes. I hadn't been there in over two years. It was somewhat strange seeing it in the day time, since I only went over there at night. There are many memories of that place: the B-Mac worm, New Year's Eve 2008, and all the great times. It seems that in a way those times seem fresh and other times they seem so far away. It really is strange to think that just going back to a place can bring back all those memories. I guess it's from another time, but it felt good.

Other than the medicine's I'm pumping into my system I hope to be feeling better by the end of the week, but I'm making sure I hydrate and get my sleep, so it's off to bed for me!

No comments: