Friday, August 12, 2011

Facial Hair debate

Another day, another day off. It's kinda strange not doing anything and just lounging around the apartment all day. The good thing is that the weather has been really nice so I have that going for me. One thing that I am debating on what to do right now is what to do with my facial hair? I have a cross between the Dr. Richard Kimball beard and the beard that Ben Affleck had at the end of The Town. I'm figuring that I'm going to shave it completely but what about the poor man version of Ethan Hawke from Training Day? Or do I gowith the Blue Ridge Redux 'stache? It's tough to say, I kinda want to look respectable and I want to not be subject to ridicule so I have to keep it in perspective.

Ah today for dinner, a nice lovely dish of shrimp and lobster ravioli with garlic butter sauce oh! what a meal. The sauce had that nice tinge of butter and had a kick of garlic that really makes the sauce rich. For the ravioli oh I how I love that pasta. You plop it in boiling water and wait for it to rise up and viola! it's done. Was it great? You bet!

Now for the fluid in the lung front. Today is the first day where I feel somewhat normal. I still am coughing and hacking up some phlegm, but at least I can breath well and can run up a hill without feeling that I'm going to suffer a massive heart attack. Starting this Sunday I'll hopefully start to get my legs churning again and mixing some magic in the speed. Marathon training starts on the twenty first and I'm looking ready to go. I have two tune up races on the schedule and I'm looking forward to coming back to Charlotte and actually racing well. I'll have to see what happens but it should be better.

Tonight I'll be watching the Redskins game on TV. Yesterday I was subjected to the Ravens game. All the stereotypes of how redneck the Ravens fans are were on display. Avenge Sevenfold played the intro music to the game, purple camo graphics, oh this is what I have to look forward to on one side. On the other side it's COOCH PUT ME IN! (as witnessed by the photo down below). It's lonely being a Panthers fan here.


No comments: