Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's so green

One thing that has really stood out to me on my brief stay in Charlotte is how green everything is. I mean everyone's grass is green. Usually at this time you usually see some died/burnt grass populating lawns throughout neighborhoods. But not this time. Maybe it's due to the rain that has been poured down in the past couple days. Yesterday it was a scene out of Twister with the way the wind was coming down, along with the rain. Am I in the right spot?

...on my last full day in Charlotte the highlights have been: running, watching The Other Guys, napping, getting a haircut, and eating at Big Daddy's. One problem that I continue to run in when I wake up from a nap is remembering what time or what day it is. When I woke up today I was under the impression that it was tomorrow and that I had missed my flight, I thought it was Wednesday and couldn't get around my head that it was Tuesday. I spent about five minutes looking at a calendar on my computer, at my personal organizer, and my watch to figure out what day it was. Finally I figured out what was up and was able to calm down.

Tomorrow night I'll be in DC and have a week off before I have to go back to work. I wonder what will happen? Odds point to sleeping a lot and not doing that much-oh so much fun!

No comments: