Wednesday, July 18, 2012

sad and lonely ramblings(8)

"when did you get old"

That was the first thing that I heard from the A-train. I was meeting with him at his hotel to run with him. I did mentioned during the run that I am already facing an injury to one of the two sacred body parts that you never want to get hurt.

"I can't sleep flat on my back anymore, I get back spasms."

Some things don't change. The pace was quicker than what I wanted to. Although I have to say it was good to run with another person. I can't remember the last time that I ran with someone in DC. I'm thinking maybe March. But it was nice to run with someone.

There were talks about the similarities between running and teaching. There were talks about the difference between a teaching tone and a coaching tone. All in all it was good to run with him.  As I stopped to let him go back to his hotel I stopped and watched him run back up the hill. As I was watching I thought "that a boy".

This is a shorter version than what I am thinking about writing for this day.

The song of the day comes from Swingin Utters and the song is "Next in line"






No comments: