Thursday, July 19, 2012

sad and lonely ramblings(8)

I went to the store to do something to erase the claim that I was looking like anorexic Jesus. I went to Harris Teeter, even though their prices are $Texas, I had to go. Now before I went to the store I had taken a nap, and seeing that I could have spent about five minute getting my hair to look like something that wasn't bed head, I opted for a cap. As I was driving to the store, it was quite bright, so I put on my hipster green sunglasses. As I went into the parking garage I put my sunglasses on my cap, and being who I am I forgot all about them.

I went into the store and when you go into the store when you're hungry is a bad thing. You walk around and just stare at things and you really aren't sure what to you want. OH THAT LOOKS GOOD. I ended up getting some hummus and then realized that when I was at the front of the store saw some pita chips, so I went back and got some. It was at this point where I saw some women that I made eye contact. Now even though I have long hair and a beard I still view myself in a manner where I have short hair and am clean shaven, or that I look like a respectable human being. After making awkward eye contact and smiling I ended up not doing anything, but continued to wander aimlessly around the store. It was at this point where I encountered two other women. One attractive and her frumpy friend. I always wonder what people are doing when they shop during the day, do they not have jobs? And never think that's what they are thinking of me! So I saw these two women throughout the store and our paths crossed all the time. I didn't really get why they were looking at me weird. It wasn't until I got back to my car and saw my reflection, and my goofy sunglasses were still on my cap. Yep, that sounds about right.

Now I'm wondering do I go bold BOLD JERRY and post something on craigslist for missed connections on these encounters? Maybe? Possibly? Perhaps?

Appropriate song of the day from Screeching Weasel "Supermarket Fantasy



No comments: