Saturday, July 14, 2012

sad and lonely ramblings(4)

When I went out to run this morning, I checked the weather online to see what the conditions were like outside. The following phrase popped up "expect dry conditions for the next six hours". Well that sounds good, even though it looks particularly cloudy outside. I guess it will pass. The service elevator wasn't working, so I walked down. I got to the door and it was absolutely pouring outside. Well I don't mind running in the rain, but that comes down to the fact that I am running and then it rains. I really don't like starting a run when it's throwing down. I waited about an hour and a half and started my run.

The only really remarkable thing about this run that I did today was that I was able to crack the century mark for mileage this week. It really didn't feel all that different than any other week. I guess I'm going to look at things and think about how I want to work things out the rest of the summer break. Other than that I think it's going fairly well. I am liking running on the trails in Rock Creek. I almost made it to Maryland on the trails today.

The song of the day, in honor of Bastille Day, is from Nofx "Champs Elysees". Enjoy the French and the horns.








No comments: