Friday, July 13, 2012

sad and lonely ramblings(3)

Hey! Hey! Hey! My lonely reader you're only getting the best. THE BEST JERRY. The A+ material is going on here. Let's start with my run yesterday in the afternoon. I was approaching the turnaround point. It's at this place in Rock Creek, under a bridge, near Georgetown. This place under the bridge is a big spot for a homeless person to live. I usually see a cardboard box place down on the dirt and maybe a person sleeping there. So I stop and take a little walk, when I see a guy squatting under the bridge. Well, well, well it seems like the Yeti and Sasquatch, the homeless guy at this spot actually does exist. But I wasn't really sure he was a homeless guy. He was wearing running shorts (adidas brand), a shirt, and I want to say that he had mocs on. Now I wasn't sure if he was homeless. Do homeless people wear clothes that are this nice? Or is it wrong to assume that homeless people don't wear nice clothes? I didn't know. This guy also had long hair and a beard. Now I also have long hair and a beard. And I have been confused with a homeless person here in DC. I was worried that maybe this quasi-homeless person would feel that I was infringing on his turf and do something to me. I didn't want to find out. Just as I was starting my run, it looked like he was stretching his quads. Oh this can't be good.

Anyway on my run that day, my stomach started to crap and I knew that I had to make it to the bathroom that was at one of the picnic shelters. I used all of my powers to get there in a fashionable time. I made it. Of course I put down some toilet paper on the seat to prevent myself of getting some deadly disease. Of course since I was sweating profusely and the toilet paper stuck to me. I am disgusting.

Now I want to talk about Chiptole. I'm looking at you Chiptole. How hard is it to wrap your burritos tight so that the contents don't come spilling out. Oh how your burritos are so big and delicious, but I mean I have to specifically ask for chips to prepare myself for nearly 80% of my burrito contains from spilling out and having something to dip them in. I was at Chiptole this afternoon and first of all it seemed everyone was getting burrito bowls. Well if there is no tortilla involved then you can't really call it a burrito. I was very fascinated by the mass purchases of the bowls. Is this some sort of fad? I'm not sure. Anyway I eat my burrito. I take about two bites and then my entire burrito falls apart. It's literally an uphill battle. The bread disintegrates, rice spilling all directions, and there is me in my five week beard scarfing down on a greasy sloppy mess. I probably didn't look all that attractive. There was this women who was there that had come in from yoga, she was mildy attractive. This would have been a case where I try to make it seem that I was interested in her, but my hands were covered in burrito juices, I had about twenty wrinkled napkins near me, and there was collator damage burrito contents near me. Yep that's how I rolled. I ended up leaving and walking back to my apartment.

Here is the song of the day, from the band SHARKS "the light at the end of the tunnel is hell".


First of all how can you not like a band where their name is in ALL CAPS. I KNOW I CERTAINLY APPROVE! Second of all they might be the best punk band representing the United Kingdom. Can you even name another band from the UK? I know I can't. Third this song is from their previous album which is a little raw in my opinion than what they just put out. They are a cross between The Clash and the Gaslight Anthem (OH I JUST WENT THERE).

No comments: