Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Sun Also Rises-July Book Month

I guess in the hopes of keeping me sane and the hopes of keeping those who know me to figure out that I'm still alive. I hope to post something everyday. Well not everyday. Mainly from Monday through Friday. That sounds about right. Now I'm not 100% sure who follows me or even reads this. Maybe it's people that I know or it's people that I don't know. But in keeping with my sanity another thing that I want to maintain is that I would like to read a book a month.

For July I have chosen The Sun Also Rises. I have a few points for this book.

a) it's my favorite book
b) what type of injury does Jake have? Is it to the point where it's completely gone?
c) I'm reading it in July, only due to the fact that the running of the bulls takes place then.
d) I'm reading my mom's 1970 edition. Oh that's so old school.
e) It's my favorite book

So throughout the course of the month, while I tackle projects that will take up my time I plan to devote a small portion of my time to writing and reading from this book. I also am keeping the Rockville Twilight in my sights. I signed up for the race and hope to do well. I am meeting up with the DC roadrunners tomorrow at Roosevelt High School for a track workout and hope things go well. I'll see what happens. A good first day of work. I know that things will be tough, and I'll question why I'm doing them. But I need to find some balance in my life, and I figure that putting something in the schedule will help me out.

No comments: