Friday, May 31, 2013

May 31st

...it's the end of May and it's the end of the work week. I have one more month of school left, leaving with twelve school days remaining.

I ended up doubling the runs today. I woke up at 5 to get a run in. My legs were tired from the workout from yesterday, but I was able to get the pace lowered throughout the run. I averaged 7:15 for eight miles.

Then during the day I went on a field trip to the Air and Space Museum. I had remarked that I haven't been in the museum in nearly 17 years. With the time of year that we are in now, it's overly crowded, and it was packed. Maybe it's because of my liberal arts degree, but I enjoyed the aspects of the museum of natural history more than this museum. The sciency sorts of things just aren't that interesting.

We did end up taking the metro to the museum, which meant that we were walking to and from the metro stations. That probably added my walking mileage to somewhere around three to four miles. Needless to say when I got home I was exhausted. I was tempted to take a nap when I got home, but I knew if I did that then I would be tired after waking up and not really be motivated to make something for dinner. I would call out for pizza. I ended up going for a run in the somewhat ninety degree weather. It wasn't that bad. I averaged 7:07 pace for four miles, and finished it off with four strides.

My mileage for May was the highest this year with 327.35. I'm still working things out and hope to improve over the summer.

No comments: