Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 28th

...I woke up this morning and the pain that I had been suffering on the top of my left foot had persisted, so I opted to run after I got home from work in the late afternoon/early evening. I also was hoping that I could start to get better accumulated to the heat. I've been running with my shirt on whenever it's been hot, but the last couple days the weather has actually dipped down into the forties and low fifties.  Today it wasn't unbearable to go out and run. The temperatures were probably in the eighties, but there was hardly any humidity. Which coming from Charlotte, I'm glad that May is a month that is not considered summer. I know that in about a month I'm not going to be able to run with the weather not being so oppressive.

I wanted to actually run in the later afternoon, instead of doing my runs in the morning. I was planning on doing it next week, but with the pain in my foot coming up, I'll do it right now. It's not so bad. My goal for this week is to get close to eighty miles.

During the day, my left foot was giving me a slight pain and I was debating whether or not to actually run. I decided to run a quarter after five and there really wasn't any pain at all. I ended up running at seven minutes and five second pace for eight miles. I ended with four strides in the alley. I'm glad that I finished my run, because I could see ominous clouds overhead. They had been there for most of the run, but held off right till I got done with the last stride.

At school today, my co-teacher was out for the day, and honestly it's a testimony to my students, but there really wasn't a slip at all from them. It's really about the system and routine that has been put in place. I have fifteen days left my friends and it's going to be sad to see most of them leave. Actually after I get done writing this post, I'm going to write the last day of school's lesson plan.

No comments: