Thursday, May 30, 2013

May 30th

...running at five o'clock today, and it was an ozone alert orange day. Not particularly inspiring to do a workout in. There was already one factor against me. When I started my repeats there would be two more factors when I did the odd number repeats. The first quarter was on a gradual uphill and into the wind. With those three factoring in, I knew that the times I wanted to hit wouldn't really happen.

I was a bit disappointed not to run faster, but with the temperatures in the low nineties and the humidity present, but not on any level that I found awful. I ended up taking ninety seconds of rest in between each set. I ran six 800s and then did 2.75 of a cool down. I ran to a water fountain that extended the cool down. Then I did four strides in the alley.

My splits:
2:36- I was checking my splits after I got to the crest of the hill and it was about 5:23 pace at that point
2:33
2:37
2:34
2:41- this was the one where my goose was cooked. My legs were fried. Of course when I started the interval, there was a persistent wind howling in my face for the majority of the interval. I hung tough. I was about 5:33 at the quarter.
2:38

Overall not that bad considering the temperatures and my second workout in two weeks.

Tomorrow I get to go to the Air and Space Museum for a field trip. Fun time!

No comments: