Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer School Day 3



I was getting a bit bored with this, but I was thinking that a conducive way to get my thoughts down is to write about what happened during the day while I was teaching. No names will be addressed and very vague information will be given. I am teaching summer school for five weeks. It is a half day. I teach students that are in the age range of rising Pre-K 4 to 1st grade. 

This is taken from my reflective journal. Writing in italics have been added for the blog.

At the beginning of the day I was in an IEP meeting till 9:25. When I got done, my friends who ride the bus had just showed up. Which to be honest is ridiculous. The buses have been operating late for arriving and leaving. When I came back from the meeting, the class was in centers and operating smoothly.

I feel that the read aloud I did, The Rainbow Fish, went well. We did an activity after it. I feel that if we weren't under the gun with time we could have continued for ten more minutes. 

The activity was for the students to draw a fish and then add scales. The students could rip up pieces of paper to make the scales and then glue them on. I have a picture of one students work.

It's still my learning process of being able to teach an adequate art lesson. Which is tough since I am not that big of a fan of art. 

The one thing I need to work on is finding something for my students to do after lunch. The boredom of reading books has caused them to act out.

No comments: