Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June 3rd & June 4th

...yesterday was a workout that kinda knocked me down a peg. Then what happened after that is a feeling that I have not had in a long time. I was extremely dehydrated and crashed big time at 8pm. I then went to sleep, because I didn't think I could do anything else.

I did my tempo run in the afternoon. I had some anxiety of running in the morning and pushed it to the latter times. I should have ran in the morning. The temperatures were cool. I did the tempo run and knew that I would be hurting as I was running. The first mile was 5:34 and I never felt great. Then I followed it with a 5:47, which was where I was in deep pain. The third mile was like most of what I have been doing in DC. Full of wind to the face. I was pushing and not really having much in me. I ran the third mile in 5:47.

I then did my cool down and immediately had to scramble to find a bathroom. I made it, but felt awful during the cool down. Awful like I couldn't believe if I would make it back to my place. I did, but was running on fumes and hoped some food would get me back. It did not. I was crashing and after taking a shower and trying to eat something, went to bed.

This morning I ran ten miles. It wasn't that bad, considering the effects of yesterday's run. I know that if my life depended on me running a workout, I would be dead 100 times. I ran the miles this morning, and didn't feel that bad. I just got done studying for my test. I did four strides and core for the first time this week. I'm planning on mile repeats tomorrow morning. That will be a go for sure.

No comments: