Friday, January 4, 2013

In Sleep

...today is the last workday of my vacation. Monday I have to go back to school. That means on Sunday I have to shave again. That means on Monday I have to wake up at 5am to go run. That means on Sunday I have to go to bed around 10 pm and not the midnight hour that I have been pulling off the past week. That means on Monday I have to prepare my body for the flu to come back. That means on Sunday I am going to sleep filled with anxiety and wondering what the next day is going to bring. That means on Monday I have to wear nice work clothes (BUT THEY LOOK SO NICE). That means on Sunday I have to make my lunch and iron my clothes.  Welcome back to reality.

One thing that I have been able to do during this time off is that I have been able to troll around on the old FB. I got a message from some guys for a group run a couple days ago and viewed it and responded to it. Now here is the interesting thing, I saw that my old private message were still on FB. Let's see how long these go? Oh they go all the way back till I got FB back in 2007. Some of those messages I read. Some made me laugh. Some made me go, oops! Some made me think about things.

It's interesting to read things from the past and see how they turned out. Oh let's see not friends with that person anymore. Oh let's see I don't talk to that person anymore. Oh let's see I TOTALLY REMEMBER THAT CONVERSATION AND WHAT IT WAS ABOUT. Oh let' see I TOTALLY WANTED TO SLAY THAT BRO, but you know things didn't work out the way it should have.
Of course there is always a recourse to thinking about these things. For some reason I never deleted them and didn't delete them after reading a couple of those things.


...I took a nap a couple years ago. It was during a time when I wasn't feeling that great. I woke up and for a split second I wondered if things that had happened were actually a bad dream. I woke up and for a split second I thought, yeah it actually was a dream. There was probably a few seconds where I was happy, and then I realized that no in fact it wasn't a dream. That all those things happened. That was probably crushing. There are times that when I take a nap (and those are usually on the weekend, when it can happen) and during those times I drift into la-la land and sometimes, sometimes where I'll wake up and forget where I am. Am I in DC? Did those things happen in real life or a dream? I'm not really sure sometimes. They can be good dreams and bad dreams. Throughout my life I remember all the good and bad.

Run 8 miles @ Rock Creek Park

It was cold this morning. The temperature was about 34 degrees, but it felt colder than it did yesterday. There was some frost on the ground, the saving grace was that there was hardly any wind. I did get the satisfaction that when I was going out to my run I saw some people in my building getting ready to go to work. "Have fun at your job". Is what I wanted to say, I decided to silently troll them.  I finished my run to do four strides.

No comments: