Thursday, January 3, 2013

Back in the Saddle

...I was just going to originally going to post something that mostly related to the run I did this morning. But seriously would that be lame? Perhaps. Possibly. Anyway I was cleaning my apartment and stumbled upon the clothes I got for Christmas. OH IT'S SO NICE BEING RICH. There were two buttoned up shirts. Here is the thing I hate about these shirts. The pins. The endless endless pins. Oh my god, I was so scared that I would forget one and then when I put on the shirt I would be stabbed and bleed to death. There was one shirt where the pin was hidden and it took me forever to get it out.  It should also be noted that both these shirts look good on me.

Run 9 miles @ Rock Creek Park. Workout 5 x 1 minute hard

I was going to do a fartlek workout this morning. I wasn't sure if the endurance that I lost after being sick would be a big hurdle for me. I warmed up and hit the two mile marker at 7:02 pace and then went into my workout. I did the first minute close to 5:30 pace. I wasn't worried about my speed, I was worried about what would happen after the first hard minute. There wasn't a significant drop off when it came to my endurance. I felt good during the workout. I ran to the turn around point and ran back to my apartment. My right inner hip started to bother me a bit, but it was fine the rest of the day. I got back to my apartment and did four strides in the alley. NO GLORY BOY STRIDES.

No comments: