Sunday, April 15, 2012

Don't call it a comeback

Oh to be young again.
...just when I started to think that maybe nobody read the blog, I find out more people did. Should I continue to write? Should I continue to put labels on it to get more page visits? I don't know.

What I do know is that it's been almost a year since I moved to DC. WHAT IS THIS? I feel like I got here a couple weeks ago (although it feels like five years since I ran a marathon). I really enjoy living here. I get homesick when I visit home, but really I miss a couple friends, my dogs, and my family. But other than that it's not that bad. Work has been going great that last couple weeks. I've got better (I think) and feel that things are on the up swing.

As for running let's see where to begin? I guess on Saturday I ran a 16.5 mile run, and I bonked pretty bad around the halfway point. Argh I have to run 8.25 back! I did not enjoy it. I was taking mile splits and it just got depressing. I was hitting low 7's and then it started to creep back into the 7:20s. Oh well. I guess I learned my lesson not to go out so hard.

Today, which is Sunday, was one of the more unfun runs I've had. Let's go back to last night. I'm hanging out with JB and Christobo. JB mentions that he read my old blog when I mentioned him in it. Where I was talking about how I would go hang out on Central Ave and the Plaza area, whereas when we were in HS I would NEVER EVER want to go in that area. IT'S SCARY! We ended up picking things up right from HS, immature talk and what not. Then we realized we were all old. Yep. I had two beers. Bringing my beer intake in 2012 to a grand total of four. Cut the fat B-Mac. I got tired around 9:30 and didn't get on the metro till 11 and got home at 11:15. I knew I was going to pay for it on my run. I ended up doing twenty four miles. I started out slow on purpose. I saw the same Ethiopian or Kenyan runner that I saw on Saturday running in the park, even when I was running 7:30s I still passed them, they must have been going 8 minutes. I got out from the shady part at the beginning and the sun hit me. Oh this will be aweful. I stopped at ten to get some water, ran out to Bethesda and then stopped at fourteen to get some water. At sixteen I used the restroom and made one last pit stop for water. About a mile later a boy was calling for help in the Potomac, I was about to jump in and save him, but a boat came over and helped him out. After that the rest of the run really sucked. It was warm and not all that great. I got home, quickly downed some powerade, drank some chocolate milk, and some oj. Ate a bowl of berrylicious cereal. Then I made the decision to get a slurpee. It was ok. So now I have to do some work. Oh so much joy. I need to nap. Get some more calories in me.

So noble reader(s?) what say you. Is the dinner for sucker's 2.0 ready for a comeback. Will people care? Are the masses really clammering for it? Will Grand Moff Puppeteer be explained? Those questions might be answered but here are some answers to questions that haven't been asked yet.

-I still get my haircut every five or six months
-I grow out my facial hair for big races and shave it into something that does not look good
-I have been called a good dresser and have had labeled "preppy"

No comments: