Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Year in Review: Pictures with Funny (but mostly unfunny) captions

Right before the start of the Charleston Marathon. At the end on the left side. I'm hoping to either a) slip on something and not race or b) have Stan take me out so I don't race. Mostly I really didn't want to race.


At the end of the Shamrock 4 miler, where *shock* I look like an actual runner. I would like to say that I was the one who originated the headband look for races in Charlotte, but that would be a bit pretentious of me. But seriously I started it and when there were imitators I had to let it go.


Skyline 5k race. In the orange shorts. Yep I look like I'm in pain and not enjoying the race.

Sometimes you think you look good and then you see a picture and realize that it wasn't the case, and you looked really bad. This was not true here. I knew I looked bad and it was only reinforced from seeing this picture.

Giving about 10% here.


Are we having fun yet?


Bogey sad after I left. Blog post to read if you want more perspective: http://fatmcmahon.blogspot.com/2011/06/boy-and-his-dog.html. Warning you might cry if you read it.

Around mile 16 of the marathon. Stride=good. Feeling=not good.

Earthquake damage in my apartment.

Wait a minute! What's with the fancy pants picture. This is a running blog, right? Stick to that. You're not that great at it but stick to it.

A fourth place finishers plaque sitting askew on an empty bed, that doesn't look like it really means much to whoever has it. Any takers??!!

Various running medals (or crap) protected by T-Rex. Here's to 2012!!!