Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Got to have some goals

As the new year approaches I've been thinking that on the vacation that I am going on for the almost two weeks I feel it's quite appropriate with how I live my life. I've really not done much. I really don't check my email that often, maybe once a day. I have played on the PS3 and watched a lot of Community. I've gone out an ran, but nothing that is remarkable. So I guess it's time for myself to reflect on what I've got going for me and look into the future (something that I am loathed to do). I see that in June starting June 16 till maybe June 30 I really don't have anything to do and will be my summer vacation. With that being in mind I feel it's time to do something that is a bit different. Instead of going back to Charlotte and having all the good and bad memories fill up, I've been thinking about going cross country. Just myself, my car (I kinda need one to do this), a journal (to recap all the things I see and my thoughts), a watch, a tent (to sleep in-obviously), running shoes, change of clothes, water, gatorade. There are probably other things that I will need to bring, but one thing that I wont bring is a razor. I guess I'll have to bring a phone, because I would rather not have the worry that I get in trouble and not tell people.

So that's my plan. Run in the morning, drive to a place, explore said place, find a place to sleep for the night, and repeat it till I reach the Pacific. Then taking a different route back to DC.

No comments: