Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cutting Room Floor

Some things that I must have missed when I wrote my recap on the race:


  • During the race I saw this guy wearing a Quebec Nordiques shirt on the course. I saw this guy probably two or three times at the beginning of the race. The Nordiques logo is probably my second favorite defunct hockey team logo, right behind the Whale.
  • As I was watching the time pass on Saturday in front of Lake Champlain, it reminded me a bit of the ending of A Farewell to Arms. For some reason it kinda reminded me of Switzerland a bit (although I've never been there before). As I was thinking about that I kinda thought well that ending was pretty depressing, I'm not sure why I thought of it. I guess not the greatest look on things the day before the race.
  • The whole marathon was very well put on. I would highly recommend the race to anyone. Top notch expo, top notch everything. 
  • When I got lunch at McDonalds after the race, there was an AAU basketball team getting lunch. It gave me some perspective on what it was like to other people who had to wait in line as my goofy cross team would roll into a fast food restaurant. 
  • I shaved my beard the night before the race into a mustache and sideburns. During the race someone shouted to me "do it for the spirit of 75" or something like that. I know spirit of 75 was in there. I'm not sure why he picked 75. Is that the year the epitomizes the seventies and mustaches and sideburns? I just wondered why he didn't say spirit of 72 or 74.
  • Did you know you can't pump your own gas in New Jersey? I didn't. What is this communist China?!
  • I got home and watched the Spurs-Thunder game. I was amazed who is on the Spurs. Capt'n Jack! Boris Diaw! Danny Green (and he starts)!
Maybe these could be included in the Director's Cut for the race recap. 

No comments: