Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Total Bummer

...well that certainly is somewhat depressing news to hear at the end of day. Hearing that a former runner of mine passed away is not something that makes me happy. An individual that is still in college and young as well is something that also makes it that much more depressing.

It's moments like this when I would think about the graduating class and think who I would worry the most about when they went to college. Would they do something foolish to impress people? With the result of something that could cause them to be arrested or bring injury or worse. Would they get involved with things that could be extremely harmful and life threatening?

That's what I would worry about. I had some sort of quixotic view that when they were at least coming to practice and still in the city that they were safe. And the evil was harbored somewhere else far away. It's something like this that I would hope never happen. A far off dream. It brings back the memories of summer heat, fall leaves, and the crisp smell of running at McMullen. It's the sort of thing that you look back on and reminisce the older you get. You think of things and wonder were they as good as they were before. The former life I use to live is all that it is, former. The more that I am removed from it, the more that it never really happened. Until things like this come up, and then it all comes back.

No comments: