Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Story of my life

...for some reason I really like Social Distortion. They are just one of those bands I like to listen to. There older stuff is good, they have some new stuff that sounds well to. I really like the rock-abilly, country, punk mix that they use. The sound is gritty. I really couldn't say that identify with anything they sing about, but I'll say that I enjoy it. So what does this have to do with anything? I'm not sure. But I'll take this segway into what it going on...

For awhile I was off and it was not really something where I wanted to write. Some nights it was tough to do anything. I would get home and just be completely exhausted. I was tired and would make some dinner, do some work, and then go to bed. I think if Captain Hindsight was around he would probably say that training for a marathon and working this job was not the way to go. Waking up at 4am to run has it's ups and downs. I start running around 4:17-4:20am, so I'm still not really up and my legs are somewhat shot. I don't have that pep in my legs until maybe the halfway point. And with that I'm prepared to lower the expectations for the race. Ideally I wanted to do workouts and what not, but frankly it just wasn't in the cards. So a sub three hour finish is my goal. I think this is the last hurrah for me as a runner. I'm probably going to go out in style and put myself into pasture. It was great while it lasted but it's something that I can let go.

I don't know who reads this so if the last couple sentances dissapoint you, then so be it. It doesn't bother me. I've changed my perspective when it comes to this race. Things I am looking forward to seeing when I go to Charlotte: My dog, my family, my friends. That's the order. I'll have fun at the race and run my thing, but I'm going to be relaxed and enjoy the feeling. I don't mind going out for a run and what not, but the hours I'm working aren't making it condusive to training.

That's how things are with me.

No comments: