Sunday, March 17, 2013

What goes up

...I was thinking this same thought while I was doing a workout on Tuesday. "Man I am feeling really good". I was running 6 x800 and was hitting them around 2:33. I was taking about two minutes of rest and was feeling it. It was a good feeling. Then later that night I found out I could run the half marathon on Saturday and was ready to go run it and go for a fast time. Then later that night, I woke up at 1:30 and felt awful.

I hadn't felt this bad since I had the flu in December. I thought maybe I could pass through this and be in the clear by 5 and then go out for my run. That didn't happen. I felt worse as the minutes passed. I ended up sleeping in the bathroom for a couple minutes. The cold tiles on the floor made me put towels down and sleep on them. Finally I went back to bed. I stayed in bed, but felt awful. I then knew it was about to hit. I went back in the bathroom and then dry heaved or wet heaved. Oh if this is it I will be somewhat displeased. And then full release. A tannish mixture with spaghetti noodles evacuating rather violently. I was feeling the effects of food poison. I had to believe it was the food that I had that evening. A chicken and pasta pre-made Harris Teeter meal. And with that I was done.

I made it to work and felt better (but a slightly exaggerated term) as the day went on. I got home around 4:30 and was debating whether to run, and realized that it would be an awful idea and went to bed to take a two hour nap. The next day I waited to the afternoon to run. I went out about a half mile and realized that this wouldn't be a good idea.

It wasn't until Friday that I ran 8 miles where I was feeling better. I'm still not feeling 100%, but at least I don't have that pit in my stomach feel anymore.

No comments: